Hi There, moving on from the list of the best Bluetooth headphones, today we’ll take an in-depth look at which are the best noise cancelling headphones in India that you can buy. So, let’s get started!
Imagine you are getting ready for a long journey. All your preparations are done. And most importantly you have updated your playlist for the journey. But there couldn’t be anything worse than your jam session getting wrecked by the outside disturbances while you are travelling. This is where noise cancelling headphones play an important role.
With the advancement in technology, instead of turning up the volume to block out the outside noise, you can always choose to use noise cancelling headphones and save yourself from the harms that upping the volume will cause.
The invention of earplugs and headphones itself has been a boon. Furthermore, for people looking for something even better, there is the noise cancelling headphones.
Best Noise Cancelling Headphones in 2018 – India Overview Chart
The next doubt that arises in your mind is what are the aspects to consider if you are planning to buy a noise cancelling headphone. There are two types of headphones to look out for when choosing a noise cancelling headphone: active and passive noise cancelling headphones.
Passive noise cancelling means that when you wear your headphones, some sound automatically gets cut off in the process of covering your ears to the outside noises. This, however, has nothing to do with technology.
On the other hand, active noise cancellation is an interesting feature. Microphones planted in the ear regions of the headphones actively reflect the sound waves back into the ear and block the outside noise. Active noise cancelling headphones are more effective than passive headphones.
One drawback, however, that comes with these is that it requires batteries to function. Thus, whenever you want to block the outside noises, you will need to keep the headphones charged.
Another variation that tags along is the headphones being wired or wireless. Nowadays, with the quality of wireless noise cancelling headphones getting better, it proves feasible to buy wireless models.
A few years ago, however, the thought of using a wireless headphone wasn’t that feasible, the reasons being technical constraints and battery life limitation. These issues, however, have been dealt with now. Wireless headphones with accurate noise cancellation are easily available among the best noise cancelling headphones in India.
The battery pack itself is another factor to consider while choosing a good noise cancelling headphone. On usual over ears headphones, the battery pack and the electronics are built into the ear cups. But with in-ears, there is an external battery pack, which even though is not a very big deal, proves to be cumbersome if you don’t need them.
Besides active & passive and wired & wireless, there are many more things to consider. You will need to acquaint yourself with other variations available in the market. The more important decision lies in whether you are comfortable with in-ear headphones, full-sized headphones or ear pads.
It comes without saying that you will also need to check your budget before choosing the best noise cancelling headphones.
Other than the basics, if you want, you can even opt for a few extra features according to your requirements. I would suggest that you look at the options and research a bit before making your choice.
You might discover some feature that would significantly make your life easier. The combo of a wireless in-ear noise cancelling headphone is better than the one with the contrary features as it serves the optimal comfort desired by the users.
I have compiled a list of the top 10 noise cancelling headphones in India from my personal experience. This might help you if you are planning to purchase the best deal in the market.
1. Sony MDR-ZX110NC – On-Ear Noise Cancellation Headphones
The Sony Noise Cancellation Headphones reduces up to 95 percent of outside noise. It is easily foldable and has a pivoting design for easy portability. A long cord wire enables a knot free comfortable experience. It comes with a dynamic driver that gives a wide frequency result.
The Sony noise cancelling headphone has a lightweight structure that gives it a modest appearance and also provides a rich and clear sound.
For the best experience, simply turn on the noise cancellation and drown in the music that flows. With the noise cancellation feature turned on, it has a total of 80 hours of battery life. The battery is replaceable and lets you enjoy the moment.
An airline adapter tags along with the model that makes it easy to connect with entertainment even in flight. You will have your music everywhere with you.You won’t need to worry about its compatibility with other devices. Being a standard model, it works with any device flawlessly.
- Due to passive noise cancellation, these headphones will keep you entertained wherever you go.
- It has a compact foldable design that makes it easy to carry along.
- Good quality sound gives a great experience.
- It almost completely blocks outside noises giving you a peaceful experience.
- With 80 hours limitation, its battery life is much impressive.
- It is compatible with all standard smartphones and tablets.
- The buds’ size is small which might prove to be uncomfortable for some people.
- The connectors that tag along is very small.
2. Philips SHL3750NC/00 – Noise Cancellation Headphones
This Philips innovative noise cancelling technology comes with pressure alleviating cushions that provide extended comfort while wearing it. It is designed in such a way that makes it foldable and very compact in that manner. This makes it easy for portability and convenient storage.
The model comes equipped with neodymium drivers attached with an acoustic design. The on-ear build provides a very rich bass and high-quality precision sound.
It also features a pair of feedback control microphones that play the major role in blocking external sound. It perceives the surrounding noises and reverses the sound waves that positively reverses the effect of outside sounds and alters them into silence.
- High definition drivers coupled with an impressive acoustic design provide a good bass.
- Its closed back design gives it a commendable look and feel.
- Good quality sound gives a great experience.
- The on-ear sealing provides for a very good sound quality.
- With the assistance of the active shield technology, it completely blocks external noises.
- The compact design enables easy portability.
- Its over ears ear buds might prove to be uncomfortable after a certain point.
- On high volumes, if the noise cancellation remains on, the sound starts to fluctuate.
3. Bose Quiet Comfort 25 – Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones for Samsung and Android Devices
We all like to be left undisturbed and have a peaceful experience while listening to music. These Bose Acoustic Headphones does just that. The headphones are well equipped with foam packing on the headband as well as on ear cups. Each note becomes clearly audible with subtle details that would otherwise have gone unnoticed.
The most important feature of this headphone is that in spite of being an on-ear headphone, it is lightweight and very comfortable. You can wear it on your ears all day long without putting pressure on them.
These can be connected to any Samsung and Android devices. This way you can easily control your calls and music with a built-in mic. You can easily talk on your phone and have a comfortable hands-free experience.
- It is compatible with most Samsung as well as Android devices.
- It is well-designed with a soft fit lightweight build.
- Good quality sound gives a great experience.
- It enables you to focus on what you are doing, by cancelling all external noises, however powerful.
- Detailed sound quality is a bonus.
- It comes with a compact case that keeps your headphone secure when not in use.
- In terms of colour, it does not offer a variety
4. Audio Technica ATH-ANC9 – Quiet Point Noise-Cancelling Headphones
For any headphone, it is a very difficult task to negate all the external noise and hence, we measure the credibility of headphone based on the maximum percentage of noise they are able to deduct.
The Audio Technica Quiet Point Noise-Cancelling Headphones, for instance, cancels almost 95 percent of the noise which genuinely is a great deal.
An impressive feature of this headphone is its tri-cancellation technique. This feature provides a customized approach towards noise cancellation. You can choose between three noise cancelling modes for cancelling noises while you are in an aeroplane, office or study respectively.
It is compatible with most smartphones and music playing devices. The microphone has an all-round directional picking up pattern that makes you audible to the other person without much effort from your side.
- It can be folded to make it petite.
- The tri-cancellation technique is very useful.
- It does not become a burden on your ears due to its soft packaging from all sides.
- The high-quality built-in mic also lets you speak on phone without holding it with your hands.
- The sound quality is very good.
- It becomes a burden to carry around when you are not using it.
5. Bose Quiet Comfort 20 – Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones
This is a perfect buy for Blackberry, Android or Windows phone users as it works flawlessly with these devices. With an absolute and advanced noise cancellation, it stands on par with a full-sized headphone.
A common problem with earphone and headphone users is that they forget the world around them when their ears are plugged with headsets. The Bose Quiet Comfort Headphones comes to our rescue with its Aware Technology.
Whenever you feel you are missing out on an important announcement or happening around you just press the Aware mode button and you won’t have to remove your earphones to listen to what’s going on the outside.
For an in-ear headphone, these are very powerful. The combination of Active EQ and Triport gives music a great depth that enhances your music in quality.
These earphones come with a control module. This module contains switches to turn the noise cancelling on or off, toggle between aware modes and receive & reject calls.
- The rechargeable battery takes only two hours to charge and delivers a great performance up to sixteen hours.
- The headphones and its accessories fit in snugly into the case when not being used.
- The Aware mode is a very useful feature.
- The control module resets the control in your hands.
- The controls on the module do not include volume control button.
6. Mpow Bluetooth Headphones – Over-Ear Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi Stereo Wireless Headset
This high accuracy providing headphones coupled with over-ear padded design gives a safe and fun-filled experience. With the steel slider, this padded headband also provides an absolute fit and durability.
It can be used as a wireless headphone and provide you with a hands-free experience. When the battery dries out, you can attach the audio cable and use it as a wired headphone.
It has a super compact feature where the ear cups fold and stay flat in a small case. As far as I am concerned, I didn’t experience any instance of having parts broken or twisted while taking it out of the bag.
- The built is very comfortable.
- It can be used as both wired and a wireless headphone.
- It has a long battery life.
- Being a Bluetooth headphone, it easily connects to all music playing devices.
- The microphone works only when the wires are attached.
7. Cowin E-7 – Active Noise Cancelling Wireless Bluetooth Over-ear Stereo Headphones with Microphone and Volume Control
With a considerable noise cancellation, these headphones are very good while travelling and working. It provides an enhanced sound for your favourite playlist. You can always switch between normal mode and noise cancelling mode when you don’t need noise cancellation.
With 40 mm large drivers, it gives absolute clarity with exceptional bass responses. It has an attached remote for controlling volume, playlists and receiving calls. With a lightweight built, you can wear it for an entire day without feeling uncomfortable.
It plays music for a considerable period when on the Bluetooth mode. But you can enjoy music even after the battery dies by attaching the audio cable.
- It is both wired and wireless.
- Cancels noise considerably.
- Very good customer service.
- Sound clarity is exceptional.
- Being a Bluetooth device, it does not support SD cards.
8. Sony MDR-100ABN – Wireless Digital Noise Cancellation Headphones with Hi-Res Audio
First things first, it is wireless and cancels noise perfectly. Secondly, it is also wired. It comes with an audio cable which when attached makes it wireless. High-resolution sounds can also be played on this device. The drivers measure 40 mm and provide a high accuracy audio rebirth.
The beat response technology gives a good bass sound. The acoustic port attached to it lets air flow and optimizes the movement of the diaphragm to give an efficient bass production.
- It has a commendable battery life.
- It provides both, a wireless as well as a wired experience.
- The headphones come in variant colours.
- These can also be used with a personal computer.
- It does not have a foam padding which might result in it being uncomfortable.
9. Sennheiser HD 4.50 BT NC – Bluetooth Wireless Headphones (Black) with Active Noise Cancellation
For a change, the Sennheiser Bluetooth Headphones is wireless and produces a decent sound quality. The noise cancellation feature deducts external noise aptly and improves the listening quality.
The ear cups are more than just ear cups. These have controls mounted over them to choose between tracks and make calls with the help of inbuilt microphones. It has a good battery life. As mentioned earlier, these headphones are wireless. However, once the battery dies out, the cables can be attached to listen to the music.
- These headphones are very comfortable to wear.
- It is very easy to carry.
- It has a commendable battery life.
- The remote controls are placed externally over the ear cups for easy toggling.
- The noise cancellation does not work in wireless mode.
10. Sennheiser Hd 215 II – Closed Over-Ear Back Headphone with High Passive Noise Attenuation
These high-quality headphones come with a spatial sound picture and a fading passive noise. It has rotational ear cups. This shows that it has primarily been designed for professional use.
The cord of the headphone is detachable and even when attached, it is only on one side. The connectors are gold plated. These headphones boast of a multifaceted set of features. It has a strong design and very good quality sound. It belongs to the passive noise cancellation headphone group and thus, works even when the battery is drained.
- It has rotational and wired earphones.
- These headphones boast a versatile set of features.
- It has a spatial picture of sound.
- Because it belongs to the passive group, it has an advantage over active headphones as it can function even when the battery dies.
- Being a wired headphone, you’ll have to always deal with wires.
The market is flooded with numerous headphones, all of them claiming to offer more or less the same features. From my personal experience, I can say for sure that finding a good headphone is tougher than you think. I mean, they all look more or less the same until you use it for a while. Always stick to big brands while investing in something as serious as a noise cancelling headphone.
Hope my reviews help you pick the best product that fits both your budget and requirements.
Also, if you are searching for a dynamic speaker online then do check out my list of the best Bluetooth speakers to know which are the latest high-performing speakers available in the market at present.